Right now is probably not the right moment for me to be writing this as I have finally succumbed to the illness my brother Stephen and then Lizz were trying to infect me with. Yay for Johann who gets to put up with sick Sarah...
So, Canada. It is big, it is pretty. Only I didn't leave southern Ontario...
My flight out of LA was delayed by three hours (I can assure you, LA airport really loses it's appeal after a few hours) but I made friends with a lady at the bar, and tried not to laugh at the outrageous American accents I could hear around me (I'd just come off a twelve hour flight with no sleep - my political correctness skills were somewhat lacking I fear...).
Lizz and her mate Ryan collected me at the airport in Toronto and I made illogical and often un-interpretable comments from the back seat on the drive back to Kitchener (Lizz' home town, that's really a city but town sounds so much cuter). Lizz woke me up at 1pm the next day, I think I needed a bit of a sleep...
I joined Lizz while she looked after the twins, Ben and Alex. They are adorable. We played dinosaur monopoly and danced to funky music (well, the boys danced, I watched) while Lizz did laundry.
As Lizz was working I had much fun wandering around Kitchener taking photos of the outrageously cute houses! I want to move here, this place is spectacular. Lizz works at a theatre called Theatre & Company, and I went to see a show on Friday night - "Barefoot in the Park" by Neil Simon. Adrian (another house guest at Lizz' place who bakes (yay!) and taught me how to do cryptic crosswords - thanks Adrian!) played the male lead and it was all very entertaining. Oh, I got to have some more Sleeman's Honey Brown that I'd been craving ever since I left Canada four years ago!
This is a bit haphazard, apologies. I also went and saw another show with Lizz that her friend Ryan was in - he did a magic act! I haven't seen magic in years, I was most entertained. We saw some old order Menonites in their horse and buggies too. I was a bit too embarrassed to take a photo though so I got a photo of the warning sign that there are horse and buggies about...
Lizz is wonderful, I had a marvellous time in Canada and thanks! Much love to Lizz, her Mum Marg, her siblings Ben and Bek and of course to my cryptic crossword champion, Adrian. Take care all!
Love Sarah
Ah, almost forgot! Lizz gave me my first ever manicure... I feel most girly and pretty...
Just Like In Her Animes
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment